I offer a bear hug Thank You to Mouse for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
This award is designed for bloggers with less than 200 followers.
The rules are:
* Share eleven facts about yourself with your fellow bloggers.
* Make sure to answer the awarder’s eleven questions.
* Ask eleven questions of your own.
* Nominate eleven bloggers for this award.
1. I am an animal lover! I work at a veterinary office.
2. I love pottery. I’ve taken a few wheel classes and I could see myself having this hobby for a long time.
3. I decorate my house with candles and incense. I really like to be surrounded in fresh fragrances.
4. I am the very opposite of a morning person. I DESPISE mornings and I oversleep my alarm on a daily basis. Luckily, my job is awesome and they don’t care when I’m an annoying 10-15 minutes late for work all of the time. lol
5. I’ve been thinking about moving to Uruguay. I hear it’s nice there.
6. My puppy Penelope is probably the best dog in the world at 17 weeks. I may be biased, but she’s top 5 guaranteed.
7. I think aquaponic and hydroponic gardening is awesome. I am growing a system this spring that can hold 24 plans in about a space of 3 feet wide, 5 feet tall.
8. I love listening to live music albums. I like hearing the crowd, the commentary, the mistakes; makes me feel like I’m actually there.
9. My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip, green color only! I think I heard once that ice cream is pretty much necessary for the art of survival.
10. I’m what some people might say a worrywart. I over-analyze and dissect everything; I don’t mean to, I think I’m a little type A in that way.
11. I love learning. I am a professional scholar. I am open-minded, intelligent and proud of my beliefs. I am passionately a Muse Writer. ❤
Eleven Questions to answer:
1. Why do you blog?
My dad used to say this phrase to me when I was younger; he’d ask me “When do you want to bowl?” and then he’d answer, “I’ll bowl when I want to bowl and I’ll bowl when I don’t want to bowl!”
I think my answer to this question is similar to the answer to my dad’s question. Sometimes, I’m diligent in posting and reading other artist’s material. And then other times, I’m busy conjuring up something else to keep me busy. I’m not flighty but I enjoy a lot of things (or at least that’s what I tell myself!).
I blog because I can and I blog because people (YOU) actually appreciate what I write. That means something to me, it motivates me. I blog because I like to communicate and poetry is my understanding of a different level of communication that I can only share with so many people. I blog even if it can be a lot of work.
2. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Honestly, everything. Number one had to be a tie between cowgirl and rockstar though. I’m still banking on the rockstar.
3. What is your favorite season and why?
I love the spring and the fall in the eastern mountain region. The changing of the seasons is exciting; the wildflowers in the spring and the leaves in the fall.
4. What sort of stories/books do you like to read and why?
I was planning on getting my Ph.D in 18th Century British Literature. I didn’t end up taking that path but I do enjoy reading from that time.
5. What is the weirdest/strangest thing you’ve ever seen?
I was on a ghost hunting team for a while, believe it or not, and I have seen/heard some crazy things. The weirdest, I mistook a spirit for someone I thought I knew.
6. In your own words, define ‘trust.’
Trust is hard, it’s unpredictable, it’s weak. It’s learned through age and experience.
7. What has been the most significant obstacle you’ve ever overcome in your life?
Trusting someone that almost destroyed my life.
8. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go and why? Or, in the alternative, if you have visited a place you always wanted to visit, what was the most memorable thing about that place?
I want to go everywhere and I have loved everywhere that I have been. I spent three weeks in Ireland, mainly in Cork, and I have a lot of fond memories; even met my best friend there.
9. What do you like and/or dislike about people in general?
-I love the stories people tell. I grew up around story-telling and I miss it; I feel like it’s a dying art. Every person has traveled, loved, experienced, SOMETHING…I’m a curious person, I want to know what.
10. Do you like cartoons, and if so, what is/was your favorite cartoon?
I’ve always really liked the Flintstones and the Jetsons. But now I find myself watching South Park and Family Guy, on occasion.
11. What is your most favorite song of all time?
Ugh…these questions always baffle me. I LOVE music, mostly all of it, and my favorites are always changing. For this question, at this moment, I will go with Jason Mraz’s “Common Pleasure” from his live album “Tonight, Not Again Jason Mraz Live.” I like to say it’s my theme song. haha
My Questions to You
1. What is your idea of the PERFECT vacation? Who would be there, what would you do?
2. Do you prefer vintage or modern? Why?
3. Post one of your favorite photos of one of your favorite people! (You might want to get their permission first!! 🙂 )
4. Is Bonnaroo a good substitute for Woodstock?
5. What’s your favorite Beatles’ song? Why?
6. If you are trapped on a deserted island with a genie and 3 wishes, what would your 3 wishes be (keep in mind the strict djinn code of abilities)?
7. Do you have a recurring dream? If so, what is it?
8. Do you prefer the city or the country? Why?
9. What’s your favorite mode of travel? Trains, planes, cars, subways, etc…why?
10. What did you eat for lunch today?
11. What is the last sentence of the paragraph, of the book you just read?
1. des virgules
7. My Blog